We're a Fun, Relaxed Physical Therapy and Pilates Studio Looking For...
a Rockstar Physical Therapist!
Before we dive into roles and tasks, let me give a quick background on the company and why this position is going to be so important...
CORE Therapy & Pilates was founded in 2005, by my wife and I, Stephen Dunn MPT, COMT, PMA®-CPT. I have been a Physical Therapist since 1998 (graduate of Louisiana State University Health Science Center). Maitland Manual Therapy was the first hands on techniques that really grabbed my attention. The Pilates Teacher Training that Cheryl and I did together in Santa Monica in 2002 was the start of my holistic approach to PT. Then I started taking classes in a treatment technique called Myofascial Release from John F Barnes in 2005. Combining manual therapy with mindful exercise was a game changer for my business as my clients started to really get better…
We moved to Austin in 2004 and went all in with CORE 9 months later. We live a mile from the studio and our kids go to schools less than a half mile away. We designed everything with intention and it has been a great story. We are used to treating everyone like family, and the studio has a warm, relaxing vibe. Our boxers hang out and greet the clients in the lobby. This feeling is intentional and important. We want a comfortable, relaxing work environment, and we also want that for our clients. I’m in this for the long haul, so a client relationship starts with PT and then progresses to our Pilates program and they are not discharged from my care, only transitioned to wellness. But the reality is I will run into them at my kids schools, baseball practice, church or HEB.
We work as a team, and each team player has roles, but if a therapist is the only one around he or she will answer the phone, call a client that has fallen off the plan of care because that is part of keeping the studio running well.
You are a physical therapist (bonus points if you have Pilates experience but must have an interest in Pilates) and are excellent at what you do. That is a given. You are also a human. You have personality. Clients feel relaxed around you and trust you with their care. You are mature to handle conversations about medical issues or discussing value of health care services. You are confident in your ability to help others in a cash based Physical Therapy model.
This is a full time position, 4 days per week, with flexibility and communication being very important. We offer medical benefits and strive to have a low stress work environment that allows for a fun day.
Here are the primary characteristics a candidate must have for this important role in our company:
- Be comfortable in your own skin
- A warm and calming demeanor and an affinity towards communicating comfortably with new people and making them feel welcome
- Natural empathy and compassion for those in pain
- Willingness to learn and implement feedback
- Strong attention to detail
- Lic. in Texas as a Physical Therapist, excellent with your hands, willingness to take John F Barnes myofascial release continuing education classes.
- Interest in Pilates and how to apply it to Physical Therapy. We can offer a full Pilates Teacher Training in house and all you would have to do is take the PMA (Pilates Method Alliance) Exam
We Are Looking for a Candidate Who is Able to Adhere to the Following Core Values:
- Deliver a WOW Experience
- Have Fun, Be Happy & Laugh
- Pursue Growth & Lifelong Learning
- Build Honest & Open Communication Channels
- Be Humble & Kind, Have Integrity
- Connect with the Person before the Client
- Embrace Inevitable Change
- Create Positive Team Spirit
- Be Mindful, Present & Listen
- Understand Needs: Stated & Unstated
The Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will work for the owner of the business to ensure that these core values are present in the day to day running of the business – and ultimately, responsible for the successful growth of the business.
All hiring at CORE Therapy & Pilates is made with these Core Values firmly in mind and we look forward to discussing them more with you at the interview - when we can also discuss other benefits and incentives of you choosing to join our team.
Excellent speaking/communication skills are also imperative. Outside of greeting and communicating with patients, you occasionally might have to answer the phone or be of assistance. We are a team here.
And finally, you need to know your way around the computer better than the guy who graduated in 1998.… I don’t mean you need to be able to code websites or anything … most of the technical/computer-based aspects of this job are easily trainable. What I’m saying is that I’ll need someone who is tech savvy so the training on various IT tasks goes smoothly and you are able to efficiently learn, navigate, and execute these tasks.
Please re-read the last few paragraphs and core values again and make sure you deeply believe they describe you. Every characteristic is highly important and written very deliberately.
If they do describe you, we would love to meet you!
Now, Let’s Dive Into The Details Of Your Duties And How You Can Apply For This Position If You Feel Excited About The Opportunity...
Regular Duties and Tasks Include:
- Therapists are hourly, with occasional down time for marketing, paperwork, or any task Cheryl or Stephen might need help with
- Treating patients one on one, for thirty or one hour sessions with manual therapy and Pilates based exercise
- Being “on the bus” with marketing policies and team approach to scheduling patients
- Filing paperwork—daily notes will be reviewed for first 30 days, but therapist is responsible for daily, eval, and progress notes.
- Clinical mentorship available
- Business mentorship available to the right candidate
How To Apply
Thanks for reading this far! You're already showing some of the characteristics we are looking for so if you’re interested in applying for this position, please send an email to: email@example.com and...
1) Use the Subject Line: I'm your new rockstar physical therapist!
2) Within the email, please write a few sentences about why you feel you are a great fit for this position. I also want you to tell me about the last time you made someone happy.
Thank you so much for your interest in this position.
Stephen & Cheryl